Prayer Tips #2

 




God has so much to say when it comes to His love and jealousy over Israel.

Here are just a few scriptural covenant promises



1) Genesis 17:7-8 - God & Israel have an everlasting covenant

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.


2) Genesis 28:13-15 - The Land of Israel was given and belongs to Israel

And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed

And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.


3) Psalms 105:6-12 - God will always remember His Covenants

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:
When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it.
He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth.


4) Micah 7:7-9 - Jesus is the God of Israel's Salvation

Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.


5) Luke 1:68-75 - God has promised that Israel will be saved from their enemies

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.


6) Isaiah 43:1-3 - Jesus will be with Israel through the fires, floods & rivers

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, 
O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; 
thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, 
they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be 
burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour
I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.



7) Matthew 1:21-23 - Jesus is the promised Savior of Israel

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.


8) Zechariah 2:8 - Israel is the apple of God's eye

For this is what the Lord Almighty says: After the Glorious One has sent me 
against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the 
apple of his eye.

9) Psalm 121:4-5,7 - God will Israel from all harm

Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 
The Lord watches over you — the Lord is your shade at your right hand. 
The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life

10) Deuteronomy 33:29 - God is Israel's shield and sword.

Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies 
shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer Tips

Prayer Tips #11